Need a healthy vegetable side dish to accompany your Christmas feast? On the 6th day of Christmas, try out my Baked Lemon-Garlic Broccoli from The Thriving Child! This tasty dish goes perfectly with tofu, fish, or chicken. It’s also amazing on top of brown rice pasta!
Serving Size: 4
- 1 bunch broccoli, cleaned in cold water with a tablespoon of sea salt, rinsed well
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 3 garlic cloves, cut finely
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Removed broccoli stems, leaving three inches under the florets. Cut into bite-size pieces. Put in medium-size baking dish. Drizzle with oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle with garlic.
3. Bake 10 minutes, pull out of oven, and flip pieces once. Bake additional 10 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
4. When done, sprinkle lightly with sea salt. Drizzle with flaxseed oil, if using. (Don’t bake flaxseed oil or you will damage its nutrients.)
Enjoy this healthy dish!